Lidar for Situational Awareness
Areté’s Lidar for Situational Awareness (LiSA) is a state-of-the-art sensor providing superior pilotage and tactical understanding of hazards, wires, obstacles, flight paths and landing zones in all weather conditions, especially Degraded Visual Environments (DVE). LiSA provides superior range – 2km – and real time 3D spatial awareness of the operational environment and flight guidance at all phases of flight.
LiSA enables safer high-speed, low-level flight, improving mission performance and survivability across missions, from high-threat Combat, Reconnaissance, Medical Evacuation, or Transport Missions, to Search and Rescue, Wildland Fire Operations, Emergency Rescue, and Homeland Defense Missions.
LiSA is operationally deployed – enabling thousands of safe landings and flight operations in tactically relevant situations at nighttime, in brownouts, whiteouts, snow, sand, smoke, smog, clouds, fog, rain, and flat light.
LiSA Key Features
- Superior Pilotage – in all phases of flight, in all conditions.
- High-Speed Terrain Flight – provided by Real-Time, High-Fidelity 3D imaging at 2km Range.
- Sees and Remembers – creates flyable 3D World Model for multiple infiltrations/extractions.
- Increases aircrew/aircraft safety – avoiding obstacle strikes or Controlled Flights Into Terrain (CFIT).
- Low Detectable – no RF emissions, not detectable in the visible and by NIR band (NVG) sensors.
- Low Size, Weight, and Power – supports flexible aircraft configuration and integration.
- FAA Certified – DO-178C Certified.