Areté’s Ethics Policy
Areté’s success is built upon a reputation of exceptional integrity in the way we do business and maintaining our commitment to the highest ethical standards is an essential ingredient for our continued success. The Company, its employees and representatives have a commitment to our various stakeholder and teammates to conduct our business in an ethical and legal manner, requiring that we:
- Conduct all dealings with our stakeholders and teammates with honesty and integrity;
- Conduct all scientific and engineering efforts with intellectual rigor and technical objectivity;
- Respect the rights of all to fair treatment and equal opportunity, free from discrimination or harassment of any type;
- Know, understand and comply with the laws, regulations, and codes of conduct governing the conduct of our business;
- Ensure that all transactions are handled honestly and recorded accurately;
- Protect information that belongs to the Company, our customers, suppliers and fellow workers;
- Avoid conflicts of interest, both real and perceived;
- Never use Company assets or information for personal gain; and
- Recognize that even the appearance of misconduct or impropriety can be very damaging to the reputation of the Company and act accordingly.
Ethics In Our Supply Chain
All transactions relating to the expenditure of government funds require the highest degree of trust and standards of conduct. It is vital that Areté maintain the highest levels of integrity in all of our dealings with our supply chain. All Areté employees must avoid any actual or apparent conflict of interest in all Areté-supplier relationships. Areté’s purchasing practices ensure compliance with the Anti-Kickback Act, Procurement Integrity Act, Gratuities, Restrictions on Lobbying, and Combating Human Trafficking.
Areté trains its employees to avoid any conflicts of interest, or the appearance of any conflicts of interest, in all dealings with our supply chain. Our purchase decisions are made based on suppliers’ technical capabilities, quality, price, delivery records, service, and financial responsibility. We are committed to dealing fairly and impartially with all suppliers and we expect the same high ethical standards from our supply chain members. Compliance with USG laws implementing ethical conduct is flowed to our supply chain in our terms and conditions as required by government regulations.
The Company has established an Ethics Hotline (866-234-9967 toll free) to facilitate reporting of any actual, perceived, or potential ethics violation by Areté employees, consultants, representatives, vendors and subcontractors. Members of Areté’s supply chain may also contact the DOD HOTLINE at 800-424-9098. All calls are confidential and callers may remain anonymous (within the constraints of legal requirements), and all callers filing a good faith report of a violation or potential violation are protected from retaliation by law.
Supplier Awareness Requirements
Suppliers will ensure that employees and people working on its behalf are aware of:
- Their contribution to product safety. The Supplier shall support product safety by ensuring robust management of special requirements, critical items, and key characteristics.
- Supplier is required to ensure that all personnel within their organization are aware of their contribution to ensuring Product Conformity. Areté Associates and its customers expect our suppliers to deliver material that is 100% compliant with all the Purchase Order requirements.
- Suppliers must be committed to high standards of ethics and business conduct by complying with all regulations and policies